Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Having Part-time Job

I want to have a part-time job, something like in the drinks store or book store. Last week, our English composition class teacher, Michael Wu, let us to write a compositition about supporting teenagers to have part-time jobs when they are still students or not. I remember that I wrote I supporting and thinking it's a good idea because just like I have mentioned at first, I want to have a part-time job.
Still I want to have a part-time job, but my parents against me. They said I should concentrate on my tuition. If I want, I should wait until my studies are all pass in first grade. That means, my tuition is the most importance in my university life. I did'n gainsay it, but I think I could handle my studies well while I'm having my part-time job. I know my parents' words are good for me, so I should listen to them.
When my boyfriend heard that I was trying to get a part-time job, he was angry. He asked me, " Are you lacking for money?" I don't understand why he got so mad on me because I think there's many advantages of having a part-time job. If I get the job, first, I can release my parents money's burden. Second, I can see variety of people, then I'll know how to tell apart who're good guys and who're bad guys. Third, I can make friends with my colleagues and from my job. I tried to convince of my boyfriend, but he said something that make me feel a little wavered. He said," Why don't you study harder now, and get a more paid job after you graduate from the university or graduate school in the future?"
Now I confused. Both of them are right, but I don't think I'm wrong. Who can give me a hand to make a decision?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home